Nine Pakistanis dead, another three missing in New Zealand terror attacks, Foreign Office confirms deaths of 6 Pakistanis in New Zealand terror attacks


Nine  Pakistanis were pronounced dead by New Zealand's authorities in yesterday's terror attack on two mosques in the quiet New Zealand city of Christchurch, Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal confirmed on Saturday.Three more Pakistanis — a son and his parents — were confirmed to have died in the March 15 New Zealand terrorist attacks on two mosques, Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal said on Sunday, taking the total death toll of Pakistanis in the incident up to nine.
In a post shared on Twitter, Dr Faisal said the deaths of Zeeshan Raza, his father Ghulam Hussain and mother Karam Bibi had been confirmed and that the FO was in touch with their family.
Taking to Twitter, Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday said: "We stand ready to extend all our support to the families of Pakistani victims of the terrorist attack in Christchurch."and privacykistan is proud of Mian Naeem Rashid who was martyred trying to tackle the White Supremacist terrorist and his courage will be recognised with a national award," said Prime Minister Khan.
Rashid was identified by a relative from the video live-streamed by the attacker. It appeared from the video that he had attempted to stop the assailant as he gunned victims down in the mosque.
Earlier on Saturday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in a press release, had confirmed the deaths of six victims as follows:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through a press release, notified the names of the six victims as follows:
  1. Mr. Sohail Shahid
  2. Syed Jahandad Ali (Lahore)
  3. Syed Areeb Ahmed (Karachi)
  4. Mr. Mahboob Haroon (Islamabad)
  5. Mr. Naeem Rashid (Abbotabad)
  6. Mr. Talha Naeem (Abbotabad)
"The Crisis Management Cell at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad and the High Commission of Pakistan in Wellington, New Zealand, are working for assistance to the families including visas (if required) and transportation of the dead bodies to Pakistan, at the earliest," it added.
Rashid was identified by a relative from the video live-streamed by the attacker. He had attempted to stop the assailant as he gunned victims down in the mosque.
Dr Faisal, in a Twitter post, said that Rashid and his son will be buried in Christchurch for which arrangements have been made with the assistance of Muslim and Pakistani associations in the city.
He said that the Pakistani Mission in the city is working with the families of the other four victims for the transportation of their bodies back to Pakistan.

Earlier on Saturday, the spokesperson had released a list of Pakistanis that were considered 'missing'.
The list included:
  • Zeeshan Raza
  • Father of Zeeshan Raza
  • Mother of Zeeshan Raza
  • Haroon Mahmood, son of Shahid Mehmood
  • Sohail Shahid, son of Muhammad Shabbir
  • Syed Areeb Ahmed, son of Ayaz Ahmed
  • Syed Jahanand Ali
  • Talha Naeem
  • Naeem Rashid

"Our Mission in New Zealand is trying to ascertain further details," Dr Faisal had said.
Minister for Foreign Affairs Shah Mahmood Qureshi also spoke to the media about the terror attack on Saturday.
"We are waiting for identification of [missing] Pakistanis. Obviously I'm getting more worried with time as we have not been able to contact them [the missing Pakistanis] and I fear that they might be on the list of martyrs. But nothing has been communicated to us officially yet and to say anything before an official confirmation will be speculation," he said while condemning the attack in strong words.

Crisis management cell, visa facilitation

A Crisis Management Cell has been established at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad for timely dissemination of information and assistance, a press released issued by Dr Faisal stated.
The 24/7 cell will address the developing situation, provide information and updates on the well-being of Pakistani citizens living in New Zealand, the spokesperson added.
Moreover, Pakistan’s High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner in New Zealand will also be available for guidance, round the clock, the press release said.
Furthermore, a circular was released by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad notifying details regarding visa facilitation for the immediate family members of the victims.
According to the notification, family members can log in here to apply for a visit visa. Once applications are submitted, the applicants are advised to send their application numbers, along with scanned copies of their passports to Mr Moin Fudda, Honorary Consul General of New Zealand for Pakistan at:
  • Email: moin@fudda.org
  • Whatsapp: +923428200200
In the event of any difficulties, for example in filling out financial details, the applicants should inform by letter that they are the relatives of the victims of the Christchurch attack, the circular further advises.

The Christchurch attack

A 28-year-old Australian-born man has been charged with murder. He is set to appear at the Christchurch District Court early Saturday. Two other men remain in custody, although their link to the attack is unknown.
The Australian man, identified by international media as Brenton Tarrant, live-streamed footage of himself going room-to-room, victim to victim, shooting the wounded from close range as they struggled to crawl away. He also published a racist 'manifesto' on social media before the attack, featuring conspiracy theories about Europeans being "displaced" by immigrants and details of two years of preparation and radicalisation leading up to the shootings.
His two targets were the Masjid al Noor mosque, where 41 people died, and a second, smaller mosque in the suburb of Linwood, where seven more died. The remaining victim succumbed in hospital.
The survivors included 17 members of Bangladesh's cricket team, whose game against New Zealand on Saturday has been cancelled, and a Palestinian man who fled for his life after seeing someone being shot in the head.
New Zealand police described the footage shot by the gunman as “extremely distressing” and warned web users that they could be liable for up to 10 years in jail for sharing such “objectionable content”.
In addition to the footage, a number of pictures were posted to a social media account showing a semi-automatic weapon covered in the names of historical figures, many of whom were involved in the killing of Muslims.
The attack has shocked New Zealanders, who are used to seeing around 50 murders a year in the entire country of 4.8 million and pride themselves on living in a secure and welcoming place.
Police, who initially imposed a city-wide lockdown, sent armed officers to a number of scenes and the threat level in the nation was raised from “low” to “high”.
In Auckland, 1,000 kilometres away, two unattended bags left near a railway station were detonated by military explosives experts.
Police also attended a property in Dunedin which they believe is linked to the attack and evacuated nearby residents. The southeastern city was named in the suspect's manifesto as the original target for his attack.
Police warned Muslims all over the country not to visit mosques “anywhere in New Zealand” in the wake of the Christchurch attacks.
Christchurch city council offered a helpline for parents looking for kids attending a mass climate change rally near the shooting.

COMMENTS

Name

Accident Adventure Afghanistan Agriculture AID Aircraft Airport Animals Army Arson Article automobile Aviation Banks belief birds Blast Budget Bureaucracy BUSINESS Calamity celebration charity Child Labour Child trafficking Christian civic Clash Cleanliness Climate collapse Commerce Communication Condemnation Conflict Corpses Corruption Court crash Crime crimes culture currency Cyber crime Defence Department Derailment Development Development And Industry Devotees Diplomacy Diplomat disaster Dispute Drugs Earthquake Economy Education Election Electricity Embassy Employment Energy Entertainment Environment Excavation Execution exhibition Expert Explosion export Facility Family Famine Fashion felciation festival Finance fire flood Food Food/Agriculture food/health Foreigners Forests fraud Freight Fruit Fuel FUNERAL Gas Hajj handicapped HANG Hate monger Health Hiousing History Homes Hotel Human Rights Hunting India Industry Infotainment int International internationl Investment journalist Judiciary justice Kashmir KIDNAPPING kiln labour Landslide language Lawyers Legislation Leisure Lifestyle lightning literature Loan loans Local Manifesto Media Medical Medicines Migrants Minorities MIRACLE mis mishap mishaps Money Laundering Moon Murder Muslims n NAB Narcotics National Nature obituary Oppotunity Overseas pakistani Paliament Petroleum Pilgrims pipeline Police POLITICS pollution Post poverty power Prison prisoners Probe project Properties Proscribed Protest Railway Real Estate Release Religion relion Rescue Reservoir Reunion Revenue Rivalry Science Seafood Security Sentence Services shemales Sikh Community smoking smuggling Social Social Media Social Welfare Soldiers Space sports strike Students Suicide Suicide Attack Taxation Technology telecom Terrorism Tourism Trade Trade Union Traditions Tragedy Training transgender Transport Travel Tyranny Vacancies vehicle vendetaa Visa water Weapons weather wedding woman Women Working class youth
false
ltr
item
South Punjab News : Nine Pakistanis dead, another three missing in New Zealand terror attacks, Foreign Office confirms deaths of 6 Pakistanis in New Zealand terror attacks
Nine Pakistanis dead, another three missing in New Zealand terror attacks, Foreign Office confirms deaths of 6 Pakistanis in New Zealand terror attacks
The press release further said that the latest information about the three missing Pakistanis will be shared once their identity is confirmed by the local authorities.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tNxA_syWaFQ/XI0vO3dFqpI/AAAAAAABFYE/_WAnVGmfWZocvcR2V5mZSnznIzMD5KT8wCLcBGAs/s400/FO.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tNxA_syWaFQ/XI0vO3dFqpI/AAAAAAABFYE/_WAnVGmfWZocvcR2V5mZSnznIzMD5KT8wCLcBGAs/s72-c/FO.jpg
South Punjab News
https://www.southpunjabnews.com/2019/03/six-pakistanis-dead-another-three.html
https://www.southpunjabnews.com/
https://www.southpunjabnews.com/
https://www.southpunjabnews.com/2019/03/six-pakistanis-dead-another-three.html
true
949454145819430215
UTF-8
Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy