Where is PTA ?, Cellular companies are fleecing cosumers violating SC orders

Cellular companies in Pakistan ridiculed the orders of Chief Justice of Pakistan to provide relief to their consumers by not deducting the taxes as well as their service charges. These companies increased the charges of their weekly, monthly packages and phone calls denying the provision of relief to their consumers.Now these are charging Rs.499/- instead of Rs.380 and Rs.625/- instead of Rs. 490/- for two separate monthly packages. Rs.200/- for weekly package which was merely Rs.150 in tax-regime.Chief Justice of Pakistan should take notice of this attempt of contempt of court with the connivance of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA). In a covert bid to fleece the customers, majority of the cellular companies have adopted different ways ranging from introducing Eid packages to sending misguiding massages and scamming the customers,it is learnt here  today. The cellular companies have deprived the consumers of billions of rupees in two weeks.These must be returned to consumers as per orders of the Chief Justic of Pakistan. Customers of monthly packages receive messages frequently that your balance is insufficient . Another cellular phone service providing company, run by the Pakistan Telecommunication Corporation Limited (PTCL), has been fleecing the customers by sending them misguiding messages (SMS) that the latter should recharge their accounts as they have a less-than Rs 20 current balance.
"Despite loading 50 rupees balance I received an SMS from the company that I have a balance less than 20 rupees therefore I should recharge my account", complained Amjad Khan, an electrician living in Keamari Town. "I have been receiving such messages for too long", he added.  In countries like Pakistan, we have two way problem, first implementation and then the informed decision of the public. Most of our common user are not aware of thier rights as the consumer, if they find any problem, they don’t know where to go and get their issues resolved. This article will give you a clear direction to move in the future in case of any complaint against any misdeed of the seller on quality, services, prices or misleading advertising.
In the modern era we are ready to buy very costly gadgets to move ahead in the challenges of the time. In spite of the multinational brands, we worry for the fact that these gadgets may turn out as faulty any time and our hard earn money may waste. So, this is the hard fact that, while being ignorant of our rights as consumer, we don’t know how to act and protect our rights. Then another thing which is very important is the documentation of our purchase (recipient) which we often do not care and through away at any place. We often think that the gadget we have purchased is of good quality and we will not face any problem in the future. Most of the time we are told by the seller that this item has one year or two year warranty. But when we face any problem in that Mobile, computer or any type of equipment, we suddenly remember the warranty card…..but often there are good chances that you have lost that card any way.
In another case we might have every thing like mobile warranty card, the purchasing receipt and other documents and we claim the warranty. The shop keeper simply looks at the mobile and after checking for some time he may explain that we are not able to replace it as this type of fault is out of our warranty scope ( like the moisture in the mobile). This situation gives you a very bad feeling and you think that you might have lost every thing. That might be the hardest time when we curse ourselves and blame the whole damage for such action.
Hold a minute, you still have lost nothing. You have the chance to submit an application in Punjab Consumer Protection Council (PCPC).
Simply go the CPCP in your area; these councils were established under consumer protection act 2005. Since then they have resolved hundred of cases up till know. Other then normal cases, a doctor have to pay for his negligence to a person a heavy punishment of 0.5 million.
How to lodge a complaint?
First of all, always keep the original receipt and warrantee card with you.
First try to solve the problem and give a 15 day notice to the seller to solve the problem other wise you will lodge a complaint against the seller. After 15 days period, write an application on a plane paper with your name, contact No., address and the complaint. Attached the Notice, Warrantee card and purchasing receipt with the application and send it to your nearest district consumer council.
The council comprising of the representatives and district administration will asses the complaint and send a notice to the seller through the DPO. You will not have to pay any thing for this processing. If the seller satisfied the council that he was right to reject the warranty (or any other issue) then the complaint will be disposed off in his favor. However, if he can’t satisfy the council, the council asks you what you want? a new mobile or money. On your choice, the council will ask the seller to do accordingly. However, if the seller disagrees with the decision, then the case will be transferred to the court.
The council representative will support the consumer in the court and police will bring the culprit to the court where he will have to pay all the dues and lawyer fee himself. On the other hand consumer will not have to pay any thing but to wait the decision.
This process may be long but at least you have the right to lodge a complaint against the seller at any place.
We have seen that in case of Ufone, last week a person has lodged complain of cheating the consumer for the cheapest call of the world which was not true any way. On what PCPC took the notice and the case is underway now. Similarly if all consumers are able to know their rights they will never be cheated through the ads like “Yeh tu Dunia ki sub say susti call hay”.
Dear readers, the aim of this article was to give you a direction if you have any problem with this type of situation mobile or any other dealing, remember that you can register complain against any one at this forum when you are a consumer and you are not satisfied with the services or product you have purchased.
You can also lodge complaints in Consumer council for the following services and products.
Low quality of products
Over charging then normal rates
Misleading statement of the shop keeper
Warranty issue
Misleading advertising
Unsatisfied services of Lawyer, Doctor, mason or any contractor
Water, Phone, Gas services
So, this will give you a good chance to teach the lesson of wrong doing of any firm or individual in the future.
By the way, you can also ask the firm to pay for your mental and physical trouble. Now this is your responsibility to protect your right as a consumer. Even if a mobile company over charge or deducts any undue charges, just write an application.
Please contact the following address and Phone and Fax for more details about your nearest consumer council
Ph: # (+92)(42)5857927
FAX: # (+92)(42)5855062



Accident Adventure Afghanistan Agriculture AID Airport Animals Army Arson Article automobile Banks belief birds Bureaucracy BUSINESS Calamity celebration charity Child Labour Child trafficking Christian civic Clash Climate collapse Commerce Communication Corruption Court Crime crimes culture currency Cyber crime Defence Department Derailment Development Development And Industry Devotees Diplomacy disaster Drugs Earthquake Economy Education Election Electricity Embassy Employment Energy Entertainment Environment Excavation Execution exhibition Explosion export Facility Family Famine Fashion felciation festival Finance fire flood Food Food/Agriculture food/health Foreigners Forests fraud Freight Fruit Fuel FUNERAL Hajj handicapped HANG Health Hiousing History Hotel Human Rights India Industry Infotainment int International internationl Investment journalist Judiciary justice Kashmir KIDNAPPING labour Landslide language Lawyers Legislation Leisure Lifestyle lightning literature Local Manifesto Media Medicines Migrants Minorities MIRACLE mis mishap mishaps Money Laundering Moon Murder n NAB Narcotics National Nature obituary Oppotunity Overseas pakistani Petroleum Pilgrims Police POLITICS pollution Post poverty power Prison prisoners Probe project Properties Protest Railway Religion relion Rescue Rivalry Science Seafood Security Sentence Services shemales Sikh Community smoking smuggling Social Social Media Social Welfare Space sports strike Students Suicide Suicide Attack Taxation Technology telecom Terrorism Tourism Trade Trade Union Traditions Tragedy Training transgender Transport Travel Tyranny Vacancies vehicle vendetaa Visa water Weapons weather wedding woman Women Working class youth
South Punjab News : Where is PTA ?, Cellular companies are fleecing cosumers violating SC orders
Where is PTA ?, Cellular companies are fleecing cosumers violating SC orders
Now these are charging Rs.499/- instead of Rs.380 and Rs.625/- instead of Rs. 490/- for two separate monthly packages. Rs.200/- for weekly package which was merely Rs.150 in tax-regime.Chief Justice of Pakistan should take notice of this attempt of contempt of court with the connivance of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA).
South Punjab News
Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy